EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Design for Humanity Summit
June 22 @ 8:30 am - 6:00 pm$35
This is a featured post on PCDN
The Institute of International Humanitarian Affairs (IIHA) at Fordham University and the UN Migration Agency (IOM), will explore the intersection of design and humanitarian action by hosting the Design for Humanity Summit at Fordham University.
The Summit will feature prominent humanitarians and designers who will lead and drive panel discussions and breakout sessions that explore the intersection of design and humanitarian action for dignified crisis response.
To see the full list of speakers and agenda, visit www.design4humanity.org
To attend, please register on Eventbrite
Topics to be explored during the Summit will include:
- Public interest design and design thinking for inclusive humanitarian response
- Transformation of camps into sustainable cities and communities of resilience for host and displaced communities
- The nexus of private sector and innovation in humanitarian response
- Art, architecture, and design for human rights advocacy
- Design for protection of at-risk populations in humanitarian crisis
- Sustainable design to mitigate the effects of acute and protracted urban crises
- Innovative prototypes of new humanitarian design trends
Through bridging their areas of expertise, both humanitarian and design professionals can more effectively design dignified and durable solutions that tackle today’s most pressing humanitarian challenges. Whether ensuring more dignified shelters and settlements for displaced persons, designing more inclusive and resilient urban ecosystems or employing art and design as a vehicle for advocacy – the possible synergies between design and humanitarian action are endless.
The Design for Humanity Summit is made possible with the support of the Permanent Mission of Ireland to the United Nations, the Center for International Humanitarian Cooperation and Fordham University. Community partners include InterAction and the American Society of Interior Designers.
Students and Fordham staff and faculty free with a valid ID.