EventsAdd your own event!
Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
April 30 @ 9:00 am - May 11 @ 5:00 pm$2200
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 30th April – 11th May 2018
SPSS is used extensively in business, government and academia. It is a statistical analysis package and so allows any organization or individual that holds large amounts of data to analyze it and understand it more deeply. At its most simple it is very useful for discovering correlations between different variables. At its most powerful it can be used to make statistically valid forecasts for future events or results.
Everything in our course is aimed at making you a faster and more relaxed SPSS user. Our courses are deliberately hands-on including lots of small exercises and examples to ensure that you spend time working with SPSS. We believe that software skills that are developed in this way are deeper than those developed from classroom explanations. Our exercises are carefully chosen to emphasis the key aspects of each lesson.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling. No Prior attendance of a SPSS course is required. The training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Understand and appropriately use statistical terms and concepts
- Design computer aided data capture screens using CSPRO
- Use mobile phone data collection tool Open Data Kit (ODK) to collect survey data
- Convert data into various formats using appropriate software
- Perform basic data analysis tasks with SPSS
- Perform simple to complex data management tasks using SPSS
- Correctly identify appropriate statistical test for basic analysis s and perform them using SPSS
- Perform basic longitudinal, time series and econometric analysis
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Basic statistical terms and concepts
- Concepts and Software for Data Processing
- An overview of SPSS
- Data Entry, management and Manipulation
- Tabulations and Graphics
- Quantitative Analysis using SPSS
- Advanced Statistical Analysis
How to participate
- Tailors make your course.
- Register individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Labour Market Statistics and Labour Inspection Course
- Scientific Writing, how to Prepare a Manuscript for International Journals Course
- Scientific Writing and Scholarly Publishing Course
- Fundamentals of Data Management, Analysis and Graphics Using SPSS Course
- Research Design, Data Management, Analyses & Use Course
The most popular courses
- Integrated Soil Health and Fertility Management Course
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
- Installation, Use and Management of OPENHDS and ODK Course
- Introduction to VBA Programming Course
- Social Audit Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing for Epidemiology and Public Health Course
- Change Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 731240802.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer Email:email@example.com. Mob: +254 715 077 817
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B.23rd April 2018
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org