EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
November 6 - November 17| $2200
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 6th – 17th November 2017.
Stata is a complete statistical software package for data management, data analysis and graphics. It comprises classical and advanced functions including: panel data analysis, forecasting, time series analysis, survival analysis, cross sectional and longitudinal survey methods, structural equation modeling, simulation methods and tables for almost all researchers and analysts. The software can be used via a graphical user interface (menus and dialog boxes) or a command-line interface using its very intuitive programming language. Stata benefits from a very active user community giving support on a dedicated mailing list (Statalist) and developing new packages to extend the software capabilities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling. No Prior attendance of a Stata course is required.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Understand both descriptive and inferential statistics
- Understand various data collection techniques and data processing methods
- Use mobile phones for data collection(Open data Kit)
- Use basic functions and navigation within Stata
- Create and manipulate graphs and figures in Stata
- Annotate data, set out command functions, create and execute Do files.
- Use Stata effectively for manipulating and analysing data.
- Keep records of your work and create reproducible analyses.
- Export the results of your analyses.
Day 1: Introduction to Statistics, Data Collection, Processing and Stata
- Introduction to Statistics Concepts
Day 2: Data Processing and Management with Stata
- Concepts and Software and technologies for Data Collection and Processing
Day 3: Data Processing and Management with Stata
- Stata Basics
- Data Structures and Types of Variables
- Data Management using Stata
Day 4: Output management and tabulating data with Stata
- Output Management
- Basics of stata programming
- Tabulating data with Stata
Day 5: Basic Stata Graphics
- Basics of graphing
- Graphing quantitative
- Graphing qualitative data
- Advanced graphing
Day 6: Statistical Inference
- Tests of Association
- Tests of Difference
- Hypothesis testing
Day 7: Regression Analysis using Stata
- Linear Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Binary regression
- Logistic Regression
- GLM Model
- The Problems with regression
Day: 8 Advanced analysis of complex survey data
- Introduction to survey data
- Bayesian Analysis of Complex Sample Survey Data
- Generalized Linear Mixed Models (GLMMs) in Survey Data Analysis
- Fitting Structural Equation Models to Complex Sample Survey Data
- Small Area Estimation and Complex Sample Survey Data
- Nonparametric Methods for Complex Sample Survey Data
Day: 9 Panel data analysis
- Introduction to panel data analysis
- Advanced longitudinal/panel data analysis
Day: 10 Time series Analysis
- Basic elements of time-series analysis
- Managing and summarizing time-series data
- Univariate models
- Introduction to forecasting in Stata
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Tailor Made Training
- Register Individual
- Register Group
- Become one of Our Partners
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Purchase Software
- View related courses
- National Accounts: Financial Sector
- Labour Market Statistics and Labour Inspection
- Introduction to VBA Programming Course
The most popular courses
- Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety
- Principles and Practice of Research Data Management and Collection
- Effective Project Proposal and Report Writing
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.