EventsAdd your own event!
CSPro for Android and Smartphones Course
June 4 @ 9:00 am - June 15 @ 5:00 pm$2200
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 04th – 15th June 2018
This course will focus on building CAPI (Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing) applications for enumeration using Android tablets and Smartphone’s’. Participants will learn about ways to adapt survey instruments to smaller screens, to ensure data quality through integrated data checks, and to control the user interface and program flow using logic programming. Participants will also learn to build tools for survey management, tracking, and data transfer.
The workshop focuses on processing a population census or demographic survey, but participants are encouraged to bring any questionnaire relevant to their job responsibilities. It will be conducted in a hands-on, product-oriented environment. Each participant will have exclusive use of a computer, a tablet or Smartphone, and will receive the latest version of the CSPro software.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for intermediate users of the Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) who currently use CSPro to implement CAPI or key from paper data processing systems and who desire a deeper understanding of techniques for implementing CAPI applications on Android. This course is not geared towards subject-matter specialists, though some may find it useful if they are heavily involved in CSPro data processing tasks. Ideally, participants will have fully processed at least one census or survey in CSPro and can easily write basic CSPro logic.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Designing CAPI applications in CSPro for Android
- Response validation using advanced logic programming
- Controlling the flow of CAPI applications
- Dynamic customization of questions, responses, and forms at runtime
- Capturing and using GPS coordinates
- Launching other Android applications to take pictures, view multimedia, and display maps
- Managing data flow for CAPI surveys
- Tracking enumerator progress and efficiency
- Creating menu and control systems for enumerators and supervisors
- Synchronization of program and data files between Android devices and Internet servers
- Peer to peer synchronization between Android devices in the field with no Internet connection
- Designing multi-lingual CAPI applications
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software) Course
- Macroeconomic Modelling and Forecasting Course
- Agriculture Statistics Course
- Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals
- Financial Management Using QuickBooks, Sage and Pastel Course
The most popular courses
- Integrated Pest Management Course
- Nutrition and Food Safety Course
- Theory of Change in Project Development Course
- ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance Course
- Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate Course
- GIS and Statistical Analysis for WASH Programmes Course
- The Art of Effective Listening for Support Officers Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 28th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com