EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Crisis Preparation and Management Course
June 25 @ 8:00 am - June 26 @ 5:00 pm$440
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Mombasa, Kenya
Event Date: 25th – 26th June 2018.
Crisis management is no longer for those assigned to the task. Past experiences have shown that seemingly unaffected people and departments are also roped in to face the challenges of a disaster. It strikes when you least expect it and exacerbates when dangers and vulnerabilities are not identified or assessed and handled in a timely manner.
How do you manage a crisis then? The best way is to prepare for it! Your crisis management efforts should be directed towards helping your organization recover and to ensure continuity. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement a rigorous and comprehensive crisis management system which will help your organization prepare for a crisis and in the process, prevent one from happening.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is relevant for all officers or equivalent who oversees the risk assessment and crisis preparation plans for your organization.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Be acquainted with key tools that can be used to assess and manage risk and crisis in your organization.
- Understand the importance and role of a crisis management team and how to form one.
- Know who the different stakeholders in a crisis are and how to manage their demands and expectations.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Why crisis management is important
- How good planning can lead to competitive advantage
- Understanding mission-critical activities
- Incident life cycle and strategy
- Planning for crisis management, emergency planning, business continuity
- Maintaining and testing plans
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Grant Management and Fundraising Course
- Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process Course
- ICT for Disaster Response Course
- Disaster Risk Reduction Course
- Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
- Shelter & Settlement Planning Course
The most popular courses
- Resilience in Food Security Analysis Course
- Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
- Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
- Research Design, Data Management, Analysis & Use Course
- Training course on Monitoring and Evaluation for Governance (Decentralization and Local Governance)
- Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
- GIS in Energy Course
- Strategic Financial Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 18th June 2018.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com