EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Course on Managing Youth Economic Development Projects
September 18 @ 9:00 am - September 20 @ 2:00 pm$1,790
The purpose of this program is to explore some of the development possibilities of the links between youth work and contemporary economic change. We will describe the skills needed to promote self-employment among young women and young men, including the principles of setting up micro enterprises. We will explore how aspects of informal education can help young people to develop enterprise skills and undertake enterprise projects.
In this program, we focus on the nature of current economic development and its relationship to enterprise activity. Other sessions concentrate on practical guidelines and exercises to develop enterprise skills. While one session of this program takes the form of a training program that you will be able to deliver to enterprising youth in your community.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Identify the different factors that shape and influence current economic development, particularly at a local level.
- Use experiential learning strategies to develop youth enterprise skills, with the aim of promoting local economic development.
- Support young women and young men in setting up small business projects.
- Contribute entrepreneurial expertise in the development of local economic strategies.
- Devise and deliver programs of informal education for young people to acquire enterprise skills.
Who Should Attend?
- Mentors of business incubators and accelerators.
- Professionals responsible for the development of economic strategies.
- Youth Program coordinators.
- Young leaders.
- Youth workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs.
- Understanding Economic Development
- Opportunities in the global market
- Unleashing entrepreneurship
- Economic development in rural areas
- Youth enterprise
- Small and informal enterprises
- Training entrepreneurs
- Government policies and support
- Changing role of government and NGOs
- Youth and enterprise
- What is youth enterprise?
- Barriers to enterprise
- Being creative
- The enterprise development cycle
- Setting up a small business
- Setting up a small business: The training program
- Starting out
- Preparing the ground
- Accounting practice
- The business model
- Planning a micro-enterprise
- Planning an enterprise
- Planning for micro and informal enterprises
- Informal learning
- Opportunities for young people
Application: to apply for this program kindly fill up the application form from this link: (https://www.matsh.co/en/inquiry-form/?lang=en).
- September 18 @ 9:00 am
- September 20 @ 2:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Training, Course, Workshop
- Event Tags:
- Youth, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur, social entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurs, Youth unemployment, economic empowerment, global youth, Youth FInancial Inclusion, Youth Economic Opportunities Summit, Youth Economic Opportunity, youth workforce, Economic impact, Global Youth Economic opportunities Summit, Forum for Youth investment, Youth activism, social entreprenurship, social entrepreneruship
- Matsh Youth Development