EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Course on Managing Youth at Risk
September 3 @ 9:00 am - September 5 @ 1:00 pm$1,790
Working with youth at risk means working with young people in situations that hinder their positive development. Such as: homelessness, drugs abuse, Sexual Transmitted Diseases, Juvenile delinquency. Besides working with youth in natural disasters and conflict areas.
The aim of this program is to help youth workers to understand the nature and the circumstances of youth at risk. The program presents approaches of managing young people at risk, at risk policy development, and at risk program development.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Work effectively with young people at risk.
- Make use of strategies used for working with youth in natural disasters, homeless youth and refugees, young people in conflict areas.
- Understand the nature and the circumstances of young refugees, and the youth in conflict areas.
- Develop effective programs that guides and supports youth at risk.
- Understand the circumstance that leads to juvenile delinquency, and make use of crime prevention approaches.
Who Should Attend?
- Youth workers at conflict areas.
- Professionals of organizations that targets homeless youth and refugees.
- Police department officers.
- Social and health awareness organizations.
- School and university social advisers.
- Volunteers and employees of NGOs that operates in risk areas.
- Professionals responsible for policy formulation and strategy development in youth focused organizations.
- Youth At Risk Concept
- Youth at risk: nature and circumstances
- Risks that hinders youth development
- (Drugs Abuse, Juvenile Delinquency, STDs)
- Youth workers roles
- Working with young people at risk: strategies and approaches
- Conflict resolution skills in youth groups
- Youth at risk policy formulation and development
- Strategies for working with young people in natural disasters and conflict areas
- Working with homeless youth and refugees
- Best Practices of working with youth at risk
Application: to apply for this program kindly fill up the application form from this link: (https://www.matsh.co/en/inquiry-form/?lang=en).