EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Cost Proposal: How to Build the Budget, Workshop from Humentum, DC
This one-day workshop is designed for NGO staff who contribute to developing proposal budgets. It focuses on how to build an appropriate cost proposal as well as how to maximize cost proposal budgets with the US Government (USG). You will practice the fundamentals of building a budget, format a budget according to the Federal Standard Form 424 (Application for Federal Assistance) and learn how to communicate and justify the cost proposal to your donor. Taught in a highly participatory style, the workshop provides you with the skills you need to confidently compete for your next USG Grant or Cooperative Agreement.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
In addition to individual participants, Humentum encourages teams of employees to attend this workshop together. Staff who will benefit include:
- Finance, grants, and contracts staff who play a role in proposal writing or review
- Program staff who work on new business development
- Business development staff
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
You will learn how to:
- Manage USAID/USG expectations for cost proposals
- Determine the necessary costs to include in a budget
- Comply with the formatting requirements as outlined in USAID/USG Standard Form 424
- Apply best practices for budget narratives
- Reconcile the budget narrative to the budget calculations
Participants at the workshop will earn 7.8 CPE credits and receive a certificate of attendance. The course level is Basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
Humentum is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.