EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
June 25 @ 9:00 am - June 27 @ 5:00 pm$660
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 25th – 27th June 2018
With change comes conflict. Conflict can be positive or negative depending on the attitude and skills of the participants. Collaborative conflict is characterized by an approach in which people attack problems rather than each other. Essential components of collaborative conflict resolution include selection of basic technique, preparation for confrontation, and viewing the situation from the other person’s perspective. Conflict resolution, otherwise known as reconciliation, is conceptualized as the methods and processes involved in facilitating the peaceful ending of conflict and retribution.
This training helps participants understand the causes of conflict and improve their ability to use a range of conflict management styles. Tools are provided and practiced for resolving conflict in a collaborative, win-win environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Conflict resolution professionals, managers, NGO staff, government employees, Human Resource professionals, counsellors, humanitarian aid workers, policy enforcement officials etc.
- Define conflict and identify the four major causes of conflict
- Assess their preferred conflict management style
- Describe and use a 5 step process for resolving conflict
- Review and practice key communication skills
- Create norms and strategies to respond effectively in conflict situations
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Conflict definition
- Strategies for Managing Conflict
- Conflict management style
- Conflict resolution process and skills
- Practice and action planning
How to participate
- Tailor make your course
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Shelter & Settlement Planning Course
- Disaster Risk Reduction Course
- ICT for Disaster Response Course
- Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process Course
- Crisis Preparation and Management Course
- Grant Management and Fundraising Course
The most popular courses
- Food Security Policies Formulation and Implementation Course
- Irrigation and Operational Maintenance Course
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Course
- Data Processing and Management using CSPro Course
- International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results Course
- Advanced Excel Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing, Analysis, Mapping and Visualization with Quantum GIS Course
- Report Writing Skills Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 18th June 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org