EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Climate Change and Agriculture Course
March 5 @ 9:00 am - March 9 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 5th March– 9th March 2018
In recent decades, it has been observed that there is a rapid change in climatic conditions which has resulted to several negative effects on human activities and development especially in agriculture and the environment. There is little awareness and understanding of the changing world in the rural areas where majority of agriculture and rural development activities are carried out.
Officers involved in agricultural and rural development activities do not have adequate capacity to inform and manage issues resulting from climate change. Thus, there is need to equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills in managing the effect of climate change for the development of agriculture and the environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for audiences working in governments, funding agencies, and research and development facilitating non-government and Civil society organizations. It is also suitable for business owners and representatives from organizations that support extension services and/or seek to enable an environment in which businesses can flourish.
At the end of this training, participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept and effect of climate change in agriculture development projects.
- Identify factors responsible for climate change.
- Communicate the existing and potential effects of climate change to the agricultural stakeholders in their country or region.
- Apply GIS and remote sensing techniques for decision making in climate change control.
- Advise government officials on soil conservation and eco-agricultural strategies.
- Understand the mitigation and adaptation strategies for managing the effects of climate change.
- Understand modern agrometeorological techniques and methods for climate change adaption and mitigation in agriculture.
- Gain skills in scaling up climate smart agriculture.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Overview of climate change
- Causes of climate change in the agricultural sector
- Impacts of climate change on agricultural production, food security and environmental development
- Environmental disaster risk management in agriculture and rural development
- Natural resources management and biodiversity conservation
- Appropriate methods in climate change management
- Climate change and sustainable development
- Eco-agriculture innovations
- ICT application in climate change control
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Tailor Made Training
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become one of Our Partners
- Purchase Software
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
- Irrigation and Operational Maintenance Course
- Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
- Agriculture Value Chains Course
- Livelihoods Assessment and Analysis Course
The most popular courses
- GIS for Economics and business Course
- Trauma Support and Counselling Course
- Using Participatory Action Research to Improve Development Practice Course
- Climate Change and Human Health Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 1st March 2018.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com.