EventsAdd your own event!
Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Civilian Peacebuilding Essentials, September 2017 – August 2018
September 22, 2017 - August 25, 2018CHF9600
Get insights in research and practice of civilian peacebuilding and broaden your skills to work in fragile contexts.
Civilian peacebuilding plays a crucial role in efforts to transform violent conflict, promote peace, rebuild war-torn societies and prevent the recurrence of violence. This postgraduate course provides a holistic understanding of civilian peacebuilding. It analyzes theories, concepts, debates, policies and practices in:
- Peacebuilding & statebuilding
- Gender in conflict & peacebuilding
- Peacebuilding methodologies
- Peace mediation
- Dealing with the past & transitional justice
- Business, conflict & human rights
- Reflect critically on peacebuilding practices
- Link theoretical and conceptual inputs with your work activities
- Acquire peacebuilding skills and tools
- Benefit from a wide network of peacebuilding professionals
Course methodologies include expert inputs, peer exchange, case studies, skills training and self-study.
The course is designed for practitioners and academics interested in bridging their own experiences with current conceptual insights and practical knowledge on civilian peacebuilding.
Structure of the program
The CAS Civilian Peacebuilding Essentials is offered annually and runs from September to August. The course consists of five on-site modules and can be taken over one or two years (21 course days). On-site classes take place once a month (Friday and Saturday), the two 3-day trainings take place from Wednesday to Friday at swisspeace in Basel, Switzerland.
Course methodologies include expert inputs, peer exchange, case studies, exercises, skills training and self-study.
Register until 30 June 2017: http://www.swisspeace.ch/courses/application-forms/application-form-programs.html