EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Call for Applications: Online Certificate Course in Project Cycle Management
October 19, 2017 @ 8:00 am - November 18, 2017 @ 5:00 pm$300
The Project Cycle Management (PCM) is the method employed by civil society organisations, United Nations agencies, international development cooperation’s and non-profit organisations to carry out and manage their projects and programmes effectively. Projects Cycle Management also require the participation of numerous stakeholders, coordination between specialists from different fields, and efficient management to solve challenging problems. This course will equip and empower participants with enhanced designing and management tools to tailor projects more adequately to meet the needs of the beneficiaries. It builds up a clear body of theory, understanding and skills for each stage, so that by the end of the course participants will have a clear competence across all stages of the cycle.
By the end of the course, participants will understand:
- the role of the project cycle, and key activities to be undertaken at each stage.
- the principles of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework Approach (LFA).
- how to use the LFA to assess a project document & identify information needs for a feasibility study.
- how to structure terms of reference for feasibility studies.
- the role of the logframe in project monitoring & evaluation
- the role & importance of indicators for project preparation, implementation & evaluation
- the importance of the integrated approach & the PCM basic format
At the end of the course, participants will know how to make needs assessment, to design, plan and monitor a project following the results-based management concept and using the logical framework as a tool.
- Introductory Course in the Online Training System (Free)
- Course Navigation and Guide
- Explanation of Course Resources
Module 1: Introduction to Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- Historical Overview of Project Cycle Management
- The Concept of Project & Project Cycle Management
- The Principles and Actors of Project Cycle Management Methods
- Components of Project Cycle Management
- The Limitations of PCM Instruments and Procedures
- Definitions of Key PCM Terms and Concepts
Module 2: Project Design and Analysis Tool – The Logical Framework Approach
- Logical Framework Approach Stages for Project Design
- The Analysis Phase
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Problem Analysis
- Objective Analysis
- Strategy Analysis
- The Planning Phase
Module 3: Using The Logical Framework to Develop Activity And Resource Schedules
- Activity and Resource Schedule
- A Checklist for Preparing an Activity Schedule
- Presenting an Activity Schedule
- Preparing Resource Schedule
- A Checklist for Specifying Means and Scheduling Costs
Module 4: Using The LFA To Assess Project Proposals
- Guide for Assessment of a Project Proposal
- Analyse problems & objectives
- Identify the intervention logic and assumptions
- Assess assumptions
- Assess sustainability
- Identify indicators
- Prepare Terms of Reference
- The Quality Assessment Tools
Module 5: Implementing, Monitoring and Reporting the project
- Designing a monitoring system
- Analyse Project Objectives
- Review Implementation Procedures
- Review Indicators
Module 6: Project Review and Evaluation
- Evaluation Criteria
- Linkage to the Logframe
- Project Purpose
- Overall Objectives
- Opportunities for Evaluation
Module 7: Conclusion and Final Examination
- Final Examination
- Participants Evaluation of Course/Feedback
This is an online course, so you’ll need to have a computer with an Internet connection, and you’ll need a web-browser (you can use IE or FireFox). All the course materials you’ll need to complete this course are provided in the course modules. You will not need to purchase any additional materials, resources, or books. You will also have the opportunity of experiencing the best online training platform.
- Online, interactive, self-paced and self-learning modules.
- Assignments to test your knowledge and understanding before and after the course.
- Opportunity to post comments, assignment answers, live chat and blogging etc.
The course is aimed at programs and project managers, staff of NGOs, CBOs, staff of United Nations specialized agencies, donor agency field workers, volunteers, development actors, researchers, policy-makers, activists, women advocates, trainers, government officials etc.
The course tuition fee is US$300. There is a limited amount of partial scholarships available for this course for applicants from developing countries, based on financial need.
LOCATION: Online [Web-based]
The deadline for application is 16th October 2017, while full tuition payment is due on 17th October 2017. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. However, applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Register early for this wonderful learning opportunity!
Human Rights and Justice Group International
Nigeria: 53, Western Avenue, P.O.Box 3326, Surulere, 101014, Lagos, Nigeria
Tel: +234-8034923400, 08097627319
U.S.A.: 1 Mifflin Pl., Suite 400, Cambridge, MA 02138
E-mail: email@example.com |Website: http://www.justicegroup.us