EventsAdd your own event!
Analysis of Complex Sample Survey Data Course
March 19 @ 9:00 am - March 30 @ 5:00 pm$2200
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Naivasha, Kenya.
Event Date: 19th March – 30th March 2018
Standard courses on statistical analysis assume that survey data arise from a simple random sample of the target population. Little attention is given to characteristics often associated with survey data, including missing data, unequal probabilities of selection, stratified multistage sample designs, and measurement errors. Most standard statistical procedures in software packages commonly used for data analysis (e.g. SAS, SPSS, and Stata) do not allow the analyst to take these properties of survey data into account unless specialized survey procedures are used. Failure to do so can have an important impact on the results of all types of analyses, ranging from simple descriptive statistics to estimates of parameters of multivariate models.
This course provides an introduction to specialized software procedures that have been developed for the analysis of complex sample survey data including testing for between-group differences in means and proportions, regression analysis, logistic regression and multilevel modeling. We will also consider the consequences of non-response and missing data on survey analysis and methods for dealing with missing data. Specialized procedures for survey data analysis from the Stata systems for data management and analysis will be used to develop course examples and exercises
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course does not require rigorous training in mathematics; however, proficiency in basic mathematics, including algebra and functions, is essential. Survey sampling methods and a basic understanding of sampling concepts such as stratification, cluster sampling and weighting is required. Participants should also have familiarity with basic statistical concepts, including point estimates, sampling variance, confidence intervals, p-values, the maximum likelihood method of estimation and simple linear and logistic regression models.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Survey estimation and inference for complex designs
- Sampling error calculation models; ultimate clusters
- Sampling error estimation for descriptive statistics
- Replication Methods for Variance Estimation
- Estimation and inference for special statistics (percentiles, indices)
- Methods for Categorical Data
- Linear Regression Analysis
- Logistic Regression Analysis
- Multinomial, ordinal logistic regression
- Poisson and negative binomial regression
- Survival analysis and event history analysis
- Multiple imputation inference for survey data
- Multi-level models for complex sample survey data.
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Data Management, Analysis, and Graphics using Stata Course
- Research Design, Data Management, Analyses & Use Course
- Data Management, Analysis and Graphics with R Course
- Panel Data Analysis with Stata Course
- Analysis of Complex Sample Survey Data Course
- Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
- Using Participatory Action Research to Improve Development Practice Course
The most popular courses
- Food Security Analysis Course
- Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
- ICT for Disaster Response Course
- Contingency Planning Course
- GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
- Debt Collection and Credit Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 12th March 2018.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com