EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Advanced Servers for ODK (Local and Cloud Installation) Course
June 18 @ 9:00 am - June 22 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 18th – 22nd June 2018.
ODK Aggregate can be deployed on Google’s App Engine, enabling users to quickly run surveys without facing the complexities of setting up their own web service. ODK Aggregate can also be deployed locally on a Tomcat backed with a MySQL or PostgreSQL database server.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is for advanced ODK users. The course will focus on the various options available for setting up ODK Aggregate based survey data hosting platforms.
Participants are expected to have prior knowledge in ODK Collect and Survey authoring using xlsforms or to have attended our course on Mobile Based Data Collection Using ODK.
The course will focus on the various options available for setting up ODK Aggregate based survey data hosting platforms.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Host survey data using ODK Briefcase as a server.
- Setup ODK Aggregate locally on Tomcat for Linux.
- Setup ODK Aggregate locally on Tomcat for Windows.
- Setup ODK Aggregate on Google’s App Engine.
- Extract and publish data to external applications.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- ODK refresher.
- How to use ODK Briefcase as a server without having to install ODK Aggregate.
- Setup and Installation of ODK Aggregate on App Engine (cloud).
- ODK Aggregate Local server setup.
- Publishing data to maps, Google Spreadsheets, Fusion Tables and external applications.
- Extracting/Exporting data from ODK Aggregate.
- Billing for App Engine installation.
- Configurations for Network Access.
- Server Security.
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Agriculture, Innovation, and Technology Course
- Microsoft Excel for Agriculture Professionals Course
- Cost-Benefit Analysis Using Microsoft Excel Course
- Introduction to VBA Programming Course
The most popular courses
- Crop Biotechnology Course
- Health Education and Promotion Course
- Designing and Conducting Surveys for M&E Course
- Implementation of ICT in Education with Moodle Course
- Human Rights Leadership Development
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Mining and Exploration Course
- Negotiation Skills for Support Officers Course
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email email@example.com or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer Email:firstname.lastname@example.org. Mob: +254 715 077 817
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B.11th June 2018
Send proof of payment to email@example.com