The Centre is currently looking for a Fundraising Manager!
The International Civil Society Centre works with international civil society organisations (ICSOs) to help them maximize their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world. We scan the horizon for exciting opportunities and develop strategies for successfully navigating change; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs with developing effective leadership; and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ impact and legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves, including Amnesty International, Oxfam, WWF and Transparency International. We strive for excellence in management, governance and strategy. For more information, please visit: www.icscentre.org
The Centre is currently offering a 15-month position as “Fundraising Manager” with the potential to take over the position long-term.
We are looking for a qualified individual who wants to apply their fundraising skills to a well-positioned and dynamic organisation, aiming to improve the work of the world’s leading ICSOs. This position offers the candidate opportunities to actively shape and apply their skills to an ambitious work agenda for the world’s leading ICSOs. As the only fundraiser at the Centre, the successful candidate will be part of a small but ambitious team, and should therefore demonstrate the willingness and capacity to multi-task and manage their own administrative needs, as well as possess a strong sense of initiative and excellent team-working skills. This is a highly demanding post in an organisation that expects the candidate to deliver high levels of professionalism and personal commitment to the role.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop income from institutional funding sources (i.e. government, multilateral, inter-governmental) as well as foundations and corporations to help underwrite the Centre’s core operations and special programmes
- Develop, implement and manage the annual fundraising strategy and implementation plan, working closely with the ED and DED to regularly update the Centre’s fundraising and external outreach strategies
- Develop funding concept notes, case statements and other donor material
- Develop and implement creative and comprehensive identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies
- Managethe Centre’s relationships with prospective/current/past funders:
- Communicate the work of the Centre
- Support the involvement of the ED, DED and other Centre staff in the solicitation and relationship management
- Organise and attend fundraising meetings (requiring international travel)
- Identify new funding opportunities at national and international level:
- Further develop channels for accessing relevant donor information
- Identify entry points into and initiate conversations with potential donors
- Follow-up on fundraising leads established by ED or other colleagues
- Maintain and improve fundraising systems:
- Funding needs assessments
- Identifying donor opportunities and trends (mapping)
- Donor prospecting
- Development of fundraising concepts and case statements
- Proposal development guidelines
- Relationship management system, including maintenance of donor database/overviews
- Coordinate closely with the Communications Managerto:
- Create donor outreach materials as needed
- Implement marketing and advertising for the Centre’s regular income-generating events, such as convening the sector’s top leaders and innovation labs
- Ensure expectations regarding donor recognition are met
- In close cooperation with the programme team, manage grant reporting and proposal cycles:
- Finalise proposals and donor reporting
- Ensure grant requirements are met
- Work closely with the team on finance matters and revenue projections
- Create and monitor annual fundraising targets/KPIs and strategy for reaching them (together with ED and DED)
- Other tasks as assigned by the ED or DED
- Minimum three years’ experience in fundraising, proposal writing, and contract negotiations, with a focus on global foundations, bilateral and multilateral donors
- Excellent communication skills, with very strong writing and editing
- Proven track record of high-level relationship building and fundraising success
- Knowledge and understanding of the institutional donor landscape, funding trends, opportunities, and major donor fundraising planning processes
- Demonstrated capacity for cultivating and stewarding major donors
- Experience working internationally
- Flexible, capable of working under pressure and against deadlines
- Independent and pro-activeattitude, strong sense ofownershipforassignedareasofresponsibility
- Strong creative and innovative thinking; ability to work within the restrictions of a small budget
- Strong team-workingskills
- Able to work on both the hands-on and strategic level
- Fluency in English mandatory; fluency in another language (preferably German) desirable
- The possibility to contribute to the development of an innovative and ambitious organisation which supports the world’s top ICSOs
- An insight into the disruptions, trends and innovationsimpacting the civil society sector
- The chance to work with highly motivated, enthusiastic colleagues
- Opportunities for travel and high-level networking
- A team-oriented and international work environment in one of Europe’s most affordable and exciting cities
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Holidays: 26 days p.a.
Salary: € 2.600-3.500/month, depending on qualifications and experience
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: 01 January 2017
Contract period: 01 January 2017 to 31 March 2018, with a three months’ probation period
Application for the position:
Your application must:
- consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation (in English)
- enclose two references, including contact details
- Be submitted through our online application form by 9 September 2016. Please send your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference FM201601 in the document title.
- Applications via email will not be accepted.
Interviews will take place on 22 and 23 September 2016 in Berlin. Please note that we can only contact shortlisted candidates.
See the full advertisement here.
We look forward to receiving your application!