The New Horizons Small “Zones of Peace” Storytelling Workshop Series — In the service of affecting social change
November 11, and December 2, 2017 Workshops
Instead, arrangements are now underway to take our next storytelling workshop series events to Hood College, as well as to other project sites. See a list below of what we have in the works for this critically important, community development project, the New Horizons Small “Zones of Peace Project Storytelling Workshop Series.
Look for details and read our many articles on our unfolding Storytelling Workshop Series
These are troubling times! Nonetheless, along with our rights to freedom of speech, a free press, to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances these, we have the right to tell our stories – and – to listen to the stories of others. From storytelling – and story “listening,” we gain insight, inspiration, connection, new found levels of wisdom and creative solutions to problems we are presently facing.
Participate in creating and supporting New Horizons StoryCorps/Small “Zones of Peace” Library of Congress collection.
Your opportunity to have your personal story archived (and those of your friends, family and other associates). We’ll show you how!
What we have in the works
- Storytelling (along with an introductory Coffee House Conversation program) to be added to the list of coming activities at a seniors’ community;
- A pending project to bring storytelling, as a unifying activity, possibly focusing on the gender divide, at Hood College and on other campus sites;
- A storytelling project geared to drawing out stories of female, adult Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE), specially designed to empower and support women with healing and integrating trauma, some long hidden, from situations such as the Harvey Weinstein/Hollywood scandal has unloosed. Study in progress for data gathering on this. Contact Anastasia;
- A pending project for our local community to gather stories from our key leaders, political and ordinary citizens;
- A project to arrange Storytelling Holiday Workshop Parties (2 slots still available).
A great start, dontcha think? We sure do!
New Horizons is a 501 C 3 non-profit educational organization
Partnering with StoryCorps’ “Listening Is An Act Of Love” Project
Please support our project with your donations. We take cash and gifts in kind!
For Details, Contact: Anastasia Rosen-Jones
Email: HarpersFerryNH@aol.com Cell: 240.409.5347