This is a featured partner post on PCDN
Running an online training program for the first time? Looking to get the most out of your existing webinar, podcast, or on-demand course experience? Trying to engage with your community in new ways through the power of technology? This four-week facilitated online course will provide you with the pedagogical insights, technical knowledge, and industry connections to improve your approach to learning and teaching online.
International development runs on capacity building, but global training initiatives still rely on in-person workshops, international travel, and paper-based resources. Online delivery offers means to scale trainings efficiently, as well as offer new methods and data for improving in-person initiatives. However, effective education management requires an understanding of learning theories, platform operation, and course design.
Real possibilities exist somewhere between MOOCs and microlearning, self-paced courses and facilitated webinars, blended learning materials and offline delivery, bandwidth-friendly content and deep engaging experiences. Should you push an open-source solution like Moodle? Design a course in Articulate 360 or Lectora? Do knowledge checks and quizzes really improve retention?
Over the past 8 years, TechChange has built 500+ online courses on all kinds of topics for a variety of audiences and in a range of formats. In that time, we have had to contend with every imaginable hurdle: diminished attention spans, bandwidth constraints, translation issues, security challenges, and more.
We’ve decided to package all of this experience into an online certificate course. This four-week course will include a number of innovative case studies as well as demos of our favorite emerging technologies to support and enhance learning.
A few topics we will cover:
- 10 tips and tricks for great online course facilitation
- How to run a great webinar & creative webinar alternatives
- How to build beautiful self-paced online courses in Articulate 360
- How to start or improve your podcast or web series
- How to make learning impactful in low-resource settings
- Incentives: how to get your learners to engage with you
- How to navigate multiple languages: practical strategies for translation and facilitation
- Which tech tools and equipment you should be using for your webinar series, learning platform, learning record store, and more
- How to collect better learner data to make better decisions
- Which platforms are best for interoperability and user-friendliness
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Critically analyze both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge when working with digital technology to deliver educational content
- Connect relevant educational theories to the technological strategies and tools discussed in the course
- Manage specific educational technology software platforms and tools
- Design effective strategies for using tools and platforms to improve training outcomes and foster more robust virtual communities
- Become more confident in using technology to address online training and learning challenges
- This course is delivered entirely online over a period of four weeks.
- This course features several live interactive expert presentations each week with leading practitioners, educators, technologists, and more.
- Every live event is recorded and archived for you to watch later.
- This course also features a unique hands-on learning environment with animated videos, technology demos, practical activities, networking events, office hours, participant presentations, immersive simulations, and more.
- TechChange recommends budgeting a minimum commitment of 5-7 hours per week and scheduling time for the course around your existing obligations.
- Participants will have access to all course content for at least 4 months after course completion so the material can be completed and revisited later.
- January 21-February,15, 2019
- PCDN Members can use discount code PCDN345 at checkout and pay only $345- discount lasts till November 21st.
- $395 if application and payment is submitted by November 21st, 2018 (Non PCDN Members)
- $445 if application and payment is submitted by December 21st, 2018
- $495 if application and payment is submitted by course start date- January 21st
Group discount rates available. For more details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to register!