The Consolidated Youth for Peace & Development in partnership with the West Africa Network of CSOs on Substance Abuse and the Association of Progressive Youth of Liberia is currently accepting an application for its inaugural Cohort of Drug Prevention Ambassadors for the Integrated Peer Education Training Program.
The program is a peer education engagement to prevent substance use among young people in Liberia. The primary goal of the program is to equip young people able to develop, adopt and sustain healthy attitudes and behaviors towards a drug-free Liberia.
Given the context, the Integrated Peer Education Training Program is a professional development initiative of the Consolidated Youth for Peace & Development and partners designed to nurture the next generation of individuals highly qualified to assume leadership positions at the community, local and national level.
The program gives three months of structured learning and networking opportunities to a diverse cohort group of anti-drug ambassadors. The program provides ambassadors with a short-term opportunity to work as a group in addressing local challenges. This training is merit-based and has a competitive application process with a focus on the leadership and professional development of the anti-drug ambassador. It is the coming together of the brightest minds to create a visible change in society.
The inaugural cohort I, will bring together 30 of the best and brightest young leaders to undergo an intensive twelve weeks capacity development program focusing on anti-drug peer education and leadership.
Criteria for selection:
- Must be a Liberian youth age 18-35 years;
- Must be a high school graduate or university student. University degree is an added advantage;
- Working/volunteering with a community-based organization/ local NGO with interest in drug prevention;
- Must have access to computer and internet four hours a week;
- Must be willing to complete all aspect of the program;
- Deadline for submission of Application: March 8, 2019
- Notification of shortlisted applicants March 14, 2019
- Interview of shortlisted applicants March 18-23, 2019
- Notification of Selected Applicants March 25, 2019
- The launch of Program/ Welcome Orientation April 4, 2019
NOTE: The Program participation is free at no cost to the participant
For inquiry please contact +231-886-454831 +231-770-172157