International Alert (Alert), one of the world’s leading peacebuilding organisations, with over 30 years of experience laying the foundations for peace, is currently seeking two talented and accomplished trustees to join our Board.
We work with local communities in over 25 countries from Lebanon to the Philippines to help them build peace. And we advise companies, governments and international organisations on how their policies and operations can better support peace.
Our three-part mission is to build a more peaceful world by:
- Working with people directly affected by conflict to find peaceful solutions;
- Shaping policies and practices to support peace; and
- Collaborating with all those striving for peace to strengthen our collective voice and impact.
We focus on the issues that influence peace such community relations, gender, the role of businesses, and ways to prevent violent extremism.
We are currently recruiting two Trustees to join Alert’s Board. We are seeking at least one Trustee with a strong understanding of finance. We are also seeking people with experience in fundraising, and ideally a background in peacebuilding, particularly in Africa where half of all our work takes place. In addition, Trustees will have strategic vision, combined with good, independent judgement and an ability to work effectively as a member of a team, supporting the staff.
One of the Trustees will have financial knowledge as he or she will join the following groups:
- Management Advisory Committee which has the responsibility of reviewing, advising and steering on management and financial issues;
- Internal Audit Committee, which reviews internal audit, procedures and compliance.
We especially encourage applications from people of ethnic minority backgrounds who are currently under-represented on Alerts Board.
Trustee positions are non-executive and remunerated on an expenses only basis.
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and your interest by 29 March 2018 to email@example.com
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.